- Dried white willow bark- 1-2 tsp
- Water- 1- 1 – ½ cups
- Add willow bark to water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Put off the flame and let it steep for another 30 minutes or so.
- Drink 3-4 cups of this willow bark tea daily.
Precaution: If you are allergic to salicylates like aspirin, avoid using willow bark. Also if you suffer from diabetes, gout, asthma, gastritis, hemophilia and stomach ulcers, consult your doctor before having this herb. Those taking blood thinners and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) should also consult their health care providers. This herb is also not suitable for children under the age of 16.