If you want to look for a natural moisturizer for your dry hair, the combination of flax seed gel and honey is highly recommended. Flax seed oil is rich in nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, vitamins and essential minerals. Therefore, flax seed gel is effective in moisturizing the hair. When combined with honey, it can enhance the benefits of flax seed.
Here is the way that helps you moisturize your hair with flax seed gel and honey.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flax seed, ½ tablespoon of honey, 2 cups of water, ½ tablespoon of olive oil and 10 drops of your favorite essential oil (You can choose any essential oil you want; however, tea tree oil or citrus oil is recommended because of its anti-bacterial properties)
- Add flax seeds to the saucepan filled with 2 cups of water
- Boil it over the high heat
- Reduce the heat when the mixture turns foamy and thin
- Continue boiling for a few minutes and then turn off the heat
- Strain the mixture into a bowl
- Add the honey, olive oil and essential oil you choose to this mixture
- Stir it well to make sure that the gel becomes consistent like the thick egg whites.
- Pour this mixture into a tight container
When you want to use this gel, you need to take a sufficient amount from the container and apply it over your hair with your fingers and your hands. Leave it for a few minutes before rinsing your hair with lukewarm water. If you do not use this gel, you should store the container of this gel in a refrigerator to preserve the optimum benefits of flax seed.