- Dried feverfew herb- 1 tbsp
- Hot water- 1 cup
- Honey (optional)- 1-2 tsp
- Place the feverfew herb in a pot.
- You may also add some other herbs like lavender and chamomile flowers, lemon balm leaves etc. to make your tea more flavorful.
- Pour hot water over it.
- Let it steep for 10-30 minutes depending upon how strong you want your tea to be.
- Then strain and mix honey if using.
- Drink this tea to get relief from migraine headache.
- You may continue to have this tea daily for about 2-3 months or more if you want to cure migraine and avoid recurrence of migraine attacks.
Feverfew gives best result when used with white willow bark which is also our next remedy for migraine.
Precaution: You may or may not get muscle stiffness, nervousness, mouth ulcers, canker sores, loss of taste etc. and sometimes upset stomach too. If so, stop using this herb and consult your doctor. Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should not use feverfew herb.